If you've found the perfect ceremony script, now all you need is to choose a wedding minister that can deliver the script masterfully. If you are a wedding officiant looking for mentorship and mastery of your craft, I offer a 1-hour mentorship session that is sure to wow your audience and couples. Subscribe to Margaret S. Johnson | Marry Me in Massachusetts YouTube for helpful tips on delivering your ceremony and additional ceremony elements like the unity candle ceremony.
Modern Wedding Ceremony Scripts
THE SHORTEST WEDDING CEREMONY SCRIPT EVER
Wedding Ceremony Readings
"You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way. All those conversations that were held riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks - all those sentences that began with "When we're married" and continued with "I will and you will and we will" - those late night talks that included "someday and somehow and maybe"- and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart. All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding. The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, "You know all those things we've promised and hoped and dreamed- well, I meant it all, every word." Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another-acquaintance, friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this- is my husband, this- is my wife”~~~~~~~~~~This is a timeless traditional reading about marriage. I will often have wedding guests talk about how it was shared at their wedding and they have had a copy of it hanging on their wall in their home for the past 30 years.
Opening Prayers for Your Wedding Ceremony
Do You Want An Unplugged Wedding Ceremony?
A Moment of Silence For Your Wedding Ceremony
The Most Popular Bible Verses for Weddings & What They Mean
1. 1 Corinthians 13:4-84 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails. The Bible shares that love is more than a feeling. It is full of action. Having this piece of Scripture shared at your wedding serves as a type of vow to your partner. 2. Romans 12:10Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.This verse will demonstrate your level of commitment and investment to your partner. 3. Ephesians 5:22-3322 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church”” 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery””but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.*WARNING* This verse often gets taken out of context. For more info, read all of Ephesians. But this is a very beautiful piece of Scripture that shares the duties of each partner and how they can be there for each other. It brings love and understanding into the relationship. It should not bring one partner above the other. 4. Ecclesiastes 4:9-129 Two are better than one,because they have a good return for their labor:10If either of them falls down,one can help the other up.But pity anyone who fallsand has no one to help them up.11Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.But how can one keep warm alone?12Though one may be overpowered,two can defend themselves.A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.This poem shares the true partnership between two people – the fundamental basis of being there for someone in the highs and lows is demonstrated here and the strength that comes from inviting Christ into your relationship.
Disney Themed Wedding
And at last I see the lightAnd it's like the fog has liftedAnd at last I see the lightAnd it's like the sky is newAnd it's warm and real and brightAnd the world has somehow shiftedAll at once everything looks differentNow that I see you.- Tangled
People do crazy things... when they're in love.-HerculesStar Wars your thing?
"I'll not leave you now. I've got to save you." "You already have." Luke & Anakin Skywalker~~~~~~~~~~Want to include your dog or your cat in your ceremony?
"No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens." -Abraham Lincoln~~~~~~~~~~
- Margaret S. Johnson is a highly sought and award-winning professional wedding officiant, premarital mentor, and relationship podcast host. She is noted for her responsiveness, flexibility, organization, warmth, and creativity. An LGBTQ+ ally, Margaret actively honors diverse backgrounds, so families and guests feel included and respected. With over 20 years of experience working in corporate events planning, she brings attention to detail and execution of the celebration planning process. She is the author of Wedding Planning like a Professional, journal, a wedding planning journal that helps couples, who don't know where to start.
- Regardless of your religion, culture, or background, - Minister Margaret S. Johnson is more than happy to officiate your wedding ceremony. Their professional services include:
- Religious, non-religious, or secular ceremonies
- Interfaith ceremonies
- Customized vows
- Vow renewals
- Couple's coaching and premarital counseling
- Your wedding ceremony experience will be a fabulous celebration for you and your guests! You will feel supported by her through the entire process of crafting your ceremony, helping you envision how it will unfold, guiding you and your wedding party through the rehearsal, and finally bringing your ceremony to life on the wedding day. She is passionate about her work, and she cares about your ceremony as much as you do!
- Margaret goes above and beyond to tailor her words to reflect your personality, hoping to give you a personalized, unforgettable ceremony. She wants to tell the tale of your journey together so far through her service.